- How long will it take to complete a typical project?
Depending on gene complexity and synthesis time an average project will take 6-8 weeks to complete.
- How much will an expression project cost?
The project cost will range between $5000-$10000 plus the cost of gene synthesis and sequencing.
- Will my gene sequence be optimized for expression in Tetrahymena?
Yes, we will optimize your gene sequence using our proprietary codon usage table for optimal expression in Tetrahymena.
- Is purification of expressed proteins offered as a service?
No-currently we do not offer purification as part of our services
- Are there any research restrictions associated with projects?
No-researchers are free to use materials as they see fit and to publish work associated with research materials
- Are there any commercial restrictions associated with projects?
Yes-TetraGenetics utilizes proprietary technology in performing expression services. A commercial agreement from TetraGenetics must be obtained prior to any for-profit use of materials provided
- Is intellectual property related to the project protected?
Yes, you will retain full rights to intellectual property related to your project.
- Is Tetrahymena pathogenic to humans?
No-Tetrahymena is a BSL1 organism and does not cause disease in humans